Nexor Education and Migration Services is Melbourne’s top tourist visa agency. Our highly trained tourist visa agents take the uncertainty and stress out of applying for a tourist visa - meaning that you can enjoy your Australian holiday worry free!
WHAT IS AN AUSTRALIAN TOURIST VISA?
If you wish to come to Melbourne for a holiday, our experienced tourist visa agents may advise you to apply for a visitor visa (subclass 600) tourist stream, also known as a tourist visa.
An Australian tourist visa is a subclass of the visitor visa which applies to a broad range of temporary visas which allow you to stay in Australia for a limited time.
The tourist stream visa only allows you to:
- Stay in Australia for up to 12 months
- Visit friends and family, cruise or have a holiday
- study or train for up to 3 months.
You cannot work on this visa.
If you intend to come to Melbourne or Australia for a purpose other than a holiday, such as work or long term study, a tourist visa may not be your best option. One of our visa agents will be able to provide you with the best options available.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A TOURIST VISA?
If you wish to visit Melbourne on a tourist visa, you can either apply for one while you are in Australia, or you can apply for one when you are outside of Australia. Applying for a tourist visa can be a complex process as it requires various forms of documentation. This is why a lot of people use a tourist visa agent. Your tourist visa agent will help you figure out which tourist visa is right for you and guide you through the application process.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS for A TOURIST VISA
Though everyone’s needs are different, the basic requirements our tourist visa agents will list are:
Meet health requirements:
- In order to be eligible for a tourist visa you will have to undergo a health examination.
Meet character requirements:
- To prove you are of good character, you may need to provide military service or police records.
Have enough money:
- To prove this you may have to provide personal bank statements, taxation records and other financial documents such as payslips. In certain cases, credit card limits may be accepted as proof that you have sufficient funds.
To be considered a genuine visitor, you must fit into one of these classifications:
- In order to prove that you are a genuine visitor, you will need to provide documentation that shows your Australian travel plans or itinerary.
- If you are staying with friends or family you will also have to provide a letter from them inviting you to visit. The letter should state their relationship to you, the purpose and length of your stay and whether you will be staying with them. If this person is paying for your stay, they will need proof of their funds.
- You will also have to provide a reason to return to your country of origin such as a letter from your employer, school or educational institution. Documentation to prove that you have significant assets or property in your home country can also be used, as can a letter by an immediate family residing in your country of origin.
- Other criteria may be applied if the tourist visa applicant is under the age of 18. If so, they must have written parental permission to travel, as well as supporting documentation to show that appropriate arrangements have been made for their general wellbeing, including accommodation and financial support.
If you are interested in coming to Melbourne on a tourist visa, one of our tourist visa agents will be able to guide you through the various eligibility requirements.
If you have more complex needs, our tourist visa agents to discuss how they can help.
HOW MUCH DOES A TOURIST VISA COST
The cost of applying to come to Melbourne on a tourist visa will depend on a few factors. These can broadly be broken down into three parts:
- the cost of the visa application,
- if you are using a tourist visa agent, the cost of their fees
- Other costs such as health checks, police certificates, biometrics
Depending on whether you are applying for the visa from within Australia or outside Australia will also affect the cost of the tours visa application.
Currently, the cost to apply for a tourist visa from within Australia is AUD$370. The cost to apply from outside Australia is AUD145 for each applicant.
The cost of your tourist visa agent will generally depend on the amount of their involvement in your application process.
You may be eligible for a waiver of the Visa Application Charge (VAC) if you have been impacted by COVID-19 related travel restrictions. For more information, talk to one of our tourist visa agents to see if you are eligible.
The best way to confirm is to contact one of our qualified tourist visa agents to estimate the cost of your application today.
HOW LONG DOES A TOURIST VISA APPLICATION TAKE?
Unfortunately, it is difficult to estimate how long a visa application will take.
One of the biggest reasons applications can take longer than usual is if there are mistakes in the application. This is why it is common for people to hire a tourist visa agent in order to make sure their applications are processed as quickly as possible.
At Nexor, our tourist visa agents are some of the best in Melbourne. As professionals, they keep up to date with the latest processes and will help to make sure that your application is filled incorrectly. If you are looking for a tourist visa agent in Melbourne, contact us today.
HOW LONG YOU CAN STAY ON A TOURIST VISA
The normal period granted is 3 months, but a stay of up to 12 months may be granted in certain circumstances.
Our tourist visa agents will be able to assist you if you wish to stay in Melbourne on a longer tourist visa.
VISITING MELBOURNE WITH MELBOURNE’S TOP TOURIST VISA AGENT
So, if you are thinking of visiting Melbourne’s thriving arts scene, cosmopolitan culture, and world-class hospitality, consider using Nexor for your tourist visa.
Our tourist visa agents are extremely experienced and will make coming to Melbourne on your tourist visa a breeze.