Student Visa Australia — How to Get an Australian Student Visa
Melbourne is home to some of the best universities, schools and training institutions in the world, and is a popular destination for international students.
However, if you are an international student, you will require an Australian student visa to study in Melbourne.
At Nexor, our highly qualified student visa and migration agents are the best in Melbourne. They understand that applying for a student visa can be a complex process. That is why all of our migration agents make your student visa application as simple and easy as possible.
If you are looking to study in Melbourne on a student visa, talk to one of our expert student visa consultants today.
Types of student visas in Australia
If you are looking to study in Melbourne on a student visa, it is important to apply for the correct type. Our Melbourne based student visa consultants will be able to guide you on which vis type is most appropriate for your situation.
There are the following types of student visas in Australia:
The main type of visa our student visa consultants process for international students looking to study in Melbourne is the subclass 500 student visa. This visa can be applied for from within or outside of Australia, and it costs AUD $630.
If you are a guardian of a minor who has already obtained a subclass 500 visa, our student visa and migrations agent might suggest you apply for a subclass 590 visa for guardians. If you are a trainee or a tertiary student, our student visa consultant may advise you to apply for a student visa for your Melbourne studies.
Student Visa FAQs
WHICH STUDENT VISA IS RIGHT FOR ME?
If you are thinking about studying in Melbourne on a student visa, you will have to apply for the right one. Our visa and migration agents will help guide you through the process and advise you on the different eligibility criteria for each one.
Despite the different criteria, all Australian student visas will allow you to:
- attend an approved course of study
- work in Australia for a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight
- travel within and outside of the country
- bring a family member to accompany you.
- Immigration Stamp
However, they each come with different requirements. These requirements can be quite complex, but our student visa consultants will be able to help advise you.
Student Visa (Subclass 500)
Most international students coming to Melbourne hold a Subclass 500 student visa.
To apply for a subclass 500 student visa, you must:
- Be of the appropriate age (if you wish to enrol for primary school or secondary school education)
- Show evidence of your enrolment in a particular course of study
- Pass the official English language test set by the Australian government or show evidence that your English skills are of a particular level
- Be able to fund your stay in Australia
- Meet the Australian government’s health requirements
- Follow the laws set in Australia.
The Australian government will determine the length of your stay in Australia. The amount of time will be determined based on the duration of your course. If you intend to stay and study in Australia for more than 5 years, you must apply for a new subclass 500 visa when your current one expires.
At Nexor, one of our student visa and migration agents can assist you with any questions you may have and guide you through the application process, get in contact today.
Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 590)
If your child holds a subclass 500 student visa, and you are over the age of 21, our visa and migration agents may suggest you apply for a subclass 590 student guardian visa.
This visa will permit you to accompany and support a minor who holds a subclass 500 student visa.
However, before you apply, your visa consultant will advise you that will need to have
the financial means to provide adequate accommodation, welfare, and other assistance for the student as well as yourself.
And since this is a temporary visa, you will not be permitted to work in Australia during your stay.
With this visa, you can also:
- Take up an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- Study in Australia for 3 months
- Participate in a training course for 3 months
- Travel both within and outside of the country (with the student visa holder for whom you are responsible)
- The validity of this temporary visa is determined by the length of the student’s course, age, and any unusual circumstances or special considerations.
If you are interested in coming to Melbourne on this visa, one of our student visa and migration agents will be more than able to help. Contact us for a free consultation today.
If you are interested in coming to Melbourne for training, you should ask one of our student visa consultants about the subclass 407 training visa.
Those who have a training visa will be able to stay in Australia for up to 2 years. The subclass 407 visa is for those who intend to study at an Australian tertiary institution or complete a professional training programme.
For this visa, you must:
- Receive sponsorship from a government-approved sponsor
- Be nominated by your sponsor
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements.
- Be able to communicate in English at a functional level
- Follow the laws set in Australia.
- With a subclass 407 visa, you’ll be able to travel outside of Australia and return as many times as you’d like.
You will not be able to renew this training visa. Before you can apply for a new subclass 407 visa, you must present an acceptable justification for why you were unable to complete your course within the specified term. If you’ve completed two years of training and wish to stay in Australia as a permanent resident, you might want to talk to one of our student visa and migration agents about applying for the Job Ready Program.
MELBOURNE’S TOP STUDENT VISA CONSULTANTS
To study at an Australian educational institution, you must acquire a valid Student Visa. Nexor Education and Migration Services, our highly experienced and qualified student visa consultants will help you through the Student Visa application process — guiding you every step of the way. We will also assist you in selecting suitable courses and universities based on your budget and career goals.
Nexor Education and Migration Services can assist you in obtaining a Student Visa (subclass 500), Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 590), or Training Visa (Subclass 407). Our migration agents can perform education agent services, as we stay up to date on the latest changes to Australia’s student visa requirements, and we’re committed to offering ongoing assistance throughout the application process. Call us today to get started on your student career in Australia.
Committed to helping our clients succeed