Any employer knows that skilled workers are hard to find. So, as a business owner, when you find someone who is perfect for the role, you may want to sponsor that employee’s visa.
Or, perhaps you are looking to bring some extra helping hands into your growing business. Perhaps you have already provided sponsorship to one of your employee’s visas, and they may be looking to transition to permanent residency?
Either way, if you are looking to provide any type of sponsorship, at Nexor, we are here to help.
HOW CAN I PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP FOR MY EMPLOYEE’S VISA?
If you would like to provide sponsorship for your employee’s visa, as an employer there are a few things that you must first consider.
Before sponsoring a visa for your employee, you will need to consider which visa type is the right one for your employee and your business.
There are three main types of visa when it comes to employee sponsorship:
- The Direct Entry Stream
- The Labour Agreement Stream
- Temporary Residence Transition stream.
Each of these visas have different eligibilities and sponsorship requirement.
EMPLOYER SPONSORSHIP VISA | DIRECT ENTRY STREAM
The direct entry stream is perfect for employees who have the necessary skills for an occupation on the skilled occupation list and have at least three years of relevant work experience.
If you wish to provide sponsorship for your employee’s visa under this stream, as an employer you must prove that:
- You are actively and lawfully operating in Australia
- meet the relevant training requirements
- have no unfavourable information against you or your business
- Evidence that the position is currently occupied by a temporary resident,
- Proof of an increase in activity or plans for increased activity
- Ability to pay the applicant the market wage
In order to be eligible for this visa sponsorship, your employee must:
- be under 50 years of age
- have competent English skills
- hold a successful skills assessment for your nominated occupation from the relevant assessing authority (unless exempted)
- have at least three (3) years of highly relevant work experience
- meet relevant health and character requirements.
EMPLOYER SPONSORSHIP VISA | LABOUR AGREEMENT STREAM
A Labour Agreement Stream visa is one where the sponsoring employer has a labour agreement.
If you work in an industry that has a special agreement with the Australian Government to bring employees to Australia on either a temporary or part-time basis, you may consider sponsoring your employee under this visa stream.
If you are considering sponsoring an employee under this visa stream, they will need to meet the age, skill and English requirements, as well as relevant health and character requirements.
EMPLOYER SPONSORSHIP VISA | TEMPORARY RESIDENCE TRANSITION
If your employee already holds a 457 or TSS visa, you may consider sponsoring your employee’s visa through the temporary residence stream. However, sponsorship of an employee’s visa through this stream will require both you and them to meet certain eligibility requirements.
HOW LONG WILL MY EMPLOYEE’S VISA SPONSORSHIP TAKE?
Because each employee's visa sponsorship application is assessed on a case-by-case basis, it can be difficult to tell how long it will take. Processing times can change due to individual circumstances, including:
- how quickly you reply to any requests and the time it takes to perform necessary checks
- the number of places the migration programme has available
- time for external agencies to deliver information on health, character, and national security checks
- additional time to correct any mistakes
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYER SPONSORSHIP VISA
If you are planning to nominate or provide visa sponsorship for one of your employees, it is easy to get confused by all the rules and regulations.
At Nexor, our certified immigration agents make sponsoring your Employee’s visa simple and easy. By keeping up to date with all the latest regulatory processes and industry standards, our migration agents offer the best advice no matter what your needs.
Contact one of our expert migrations agents today for your free consultation.