Deciding to study abroad is a big and difficult decision. Beyond leaving your friends and family behind, you may also be challenged by thoughts of what and where you will study and settle in your potential new home. 

Aspiring students like you are attracted to study in Australia for international exposure, vibrant city life, incredible work opportunities and world-class facilities. This diverse country rewards students with career development and advancement at internationally renowned universities. 

Studying in Australia gives a lot of benefits but it requires commitment, a promise to commit to your study. Failure to do so may end with your CoE being cancelled and your study terminated by the Australian Education Provider. 

You will find answers to the following questions in this blog: 

  1. What is CoE? How important is it?
  2. What if my CoE got Cancelled?
  3. Can I apply for a student visa without CoE?
  4. Do I need to pay for Coe?
  5. When will I be at risk of my CoE being cancelled?
  6. I have lost my Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). What should I do?
  7. How Can Nexor Group help you secure your future after your CoE is cancelled in Australia?

What is CoE? How important is it?

A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is a document issued by the  Australian Education Provider to verify the applicant’s enrolment in a specified course.

A CoE code is provided on this document. Applicants must enter the CoE code for all intended courses when submitting a student visa application.

The applicant must attach documentary evidence, otherwise, their application may be deemed invalid.

What if my CoE got Cancelled?

If you are notified by your education provider/university that your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) has been cancelled, you will have 28 calendar days from the date of CoE cancellation to either leave Australia, obtain a new CoE, or apply for a new visa.

Can I apply for a student visa without CoE?

If the applicant does not have approved CoE(s) on the date of lodgement and has not provided alternative evidence of enrollment (e.g. Onshore with Letter of Offer, Thesis Marking PhD Students, Foreign Affairs, Defence or Exchange Students) the application is invalid.

Do I need to pay for CoE?

Depending on the policies of the education provider you may have to pay enrolment fees and minimum tuition fees required by the provider to issue a new COE.


When will I be at risk of my CoE being cancelled?Coe Cancel

Your CoE may be cancelled if you:

  • Do not commence your studies
  • Withdraw from your program
  • Complete your program early
  • Make unsatisfactory course progress
  • Do not enrol in any courses within the required timeframe
  • Fail to meet attendance requirements 
  • Do not pay your tuition fees by the payment deadline and do not access the internal appeal process to negotiate a payment plan with the University.

If your CoE is cancelled, the University is required to report the reason for the cancellation to the Department of Home Affairs  (DHA), and this may result in the cancellation of your student visa. Any enquiry about your visa status should be directed to DHA.

I have lost my Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). What should I do?

You should have a copy of your CoE in the email that was sent to you when you accepted your offer to study at the University. If you no longer have this email, you can contact your education provider for assistance.

How Can Nexor Group help you secure your future after your CoE is cancelled in Australia?
We completely understand how overwhelming this situation can be. We understand it is not easy for students to adapt to mounting study loans, long assessments and exams.

Our #Nexperts are here to help you secure your future and provide support to you as an international student. 

Here at Nexor, our expert consultants have experienced the difficulties of migrating to Australia first hand and are #InThisTogether with you.

Book a free face to face consultation with us today to maintain your study in Australia.

Reach out to us on or call us on 0391110009
Our professional consultants, along with our in-house Australian Registered Migration Agents, Espandan & Anu will give you helpful insight into the possibility of your next application.

Please do not hesitate to contact us or call in and visit us to find out more.

Call (03) 9111 0009

Message us

Book a Free Consultation Now

Click Here

Book a Free Consultation Now


Anu is a passionate provider of migration and education services and understands the challenges of undertaking education and migrating to Australia on a personal level. This is why she believes that the best service comes from clear communication and understanding of her client’s needs.

Book a Free Consultation Now

Latest Posts

482 Visa

What are the requirements to have your 186 Visa granted through the 482 Visa for trade occupations?

482 Visa requirements: The main requirements for the 482 Visa as they stand are your…

Consider The 491 Visa

Why should you seriously consider the 491 visa?

Visa 491 allows visa holders to stay in Australia for 5 years from the date…

Australian Immigration Points

When can you claim skilled Employment Points towards your General Skilled Migration Application?

Wondering about Australian Immigration points? Here’s how it works. The onus is on the applicant…

What Is Partner Visa

What is Partner Visa?

What is Partner Visa?Partner Visas are for the partners and spouses of permanent Australian Citizens,…

Vetasses Shead

VETASSESS – Trade Skills Assessment

VETASSESS – Trade Skills Assessment Trade Skills Assessment allows potential migrants to explore various Australian…