Nexor Education & Migration Services

Blog & News

Visa types

What does section 48 bar mean? and What should I do?

As mentioned in the Migration Act of 1958If you have had a visa cancelled or refused since last arriving in Australia and you are either unlawful (that is – you do not hold a visa) or you hold a bridging visa you are then in what is called ‘section 48 bar’. If you are ‘section 48 barred’ you are prevented from lodging most other visa applications while you are in Australia (there are some very limited exceptions). This means that you would normally need to leave Australia. Becoming unlawful in Australia or overstaying your

Read More »
Tips & Tricks

5 strickly requirements of the Partner Visa

Have you found your soulmate? Living together here in Australia can be a lovely pathway to get you a PR. But first, take a look at these vital requirements before making an application. Partner Visas allow married couples to enter and remain in Australia with their partner. They are closely scrutinised by Australian Immigration and applications with poor evidence of the relationship will be refused. 1. Married or De facto – the relationship must be lawful and recognised as genuine Your partner is your spouse or de facto partner of the same or opposite

Read More »
Scroll to Top